Szczecin is located near the German border (130 km from Berlin) and only 1,5 hrs away from the Baltic Sea. The city is often referred to as a Green City because of numerous parks, forests and other green areas. It is also called a Paris of the North with regard to specific layout of buildings modelled on one in the actual capital of France. Please find below some information which might prove interesting for students from abroad:
- STUDENTS – in Szczecin there are approximately 40 thousand students including several thousands from other countries
- INTERESTING PLACES - take a virtual walk around the city
- EVERYDAY LIFE – the city is throbbing!
- THE ORTHODOX CHURCH – apart from Roman Catholic churches in the city there is also an orthodox church
- BICYCLES – apart from sound public transport system there are also municipal bicycles at your disposal
- THE WEATHER – the climate in Szczecin is fairly mild and moderate
Additional advantage of the city is its general affordability
. Costs of a room in a dormitory amounts to ca EUR 90/month, monthly public transport ticket to ca. EUR 19, two-course dinner EUR 4, a beer in a pub EUR 2 and a ticket to cinema EUR 4.
World maritime university
Work related to maritime economy is an ambitious, interesting and well-paid job. However, to get a good position, high skills and knowledge associated with them are needed. The first step is certainly the completion of a good university. There is not only one good world maritime university
and it is not rarely difficult to find the right school. Certainly during the selection it is worth taking to account such factors as reputation of the university, localisation, cultural differences, the cost of studies, the program, is a university beyond theoretical knowledge putting emphasis on practical knowledge, how easy it is to find a job after given university. Choosing the right world maritime university
is a great start in our career, which will be quickly returned in the future.