STUDENT LIFE is not just studying but also partying, night life, participating in cultural and sports events. Students appreciate cities which allow them to profit from such high quality leisure activities at affordable prices. Here is how you can spend your free time in Szczecin:
- CULTURE AND ART – Szczecin cultural offer encompasses, among other things, four theatres, museums, three multi-screen cinemas and independent cinema screening halls. Open air event are first of all Maritime Festival, concerts organised in the Summer Theatre, Juvenalia (annual higher education students' holiday). The events are most often organized but a stone’s throw away from our dormitories i.e. on Jasne Błonia or Waly Chrobrego. Talented amateur singers can also join the choir of the Maritime University of Szczecin.
- SPORT – in Szczecin there are numerous options for sport-lovers such as: bike routes, a cycling track, swimming pools, including a swimming pool of our University and the Olympic swimming pool, yacht clubs, martial arts clubs recognizable in the world (Brazilian jujitsu, aikido, karate), “orliki” (professional football, volleyball and basketball fields available to local community free of charge), modern go-kart track, ski slope and an ice rink. MUS students can use the university gym (sport sections of volleyball, karate, football) and a fitness room.
- NIGHT LIFE – In Szczecin there are dozens of pubs and discos. Majority of them are dedicated to students (the total number of student community in Szczecin amounts to 40,000). Frequently, there are late-night events organised in the city such as fireworks shows, concerts or night-long movie screenings for cinema-lovers.
- NATURE - not without a reason Szczecin is called the "green city". Kasprowicz Park, Rose Garden - Różanka and Żeromski Park are some of the most important green areas where students can spend their free time. At weekends, you can go to the Bukowa Forest, located by Szmaragdowe (Emerald) Lake, Wkrzańska Forest or Arkoński Forest.
- WATER –Głębokie Lake (Deep Lake) is reachable by bus or tram. There is an exciting rope park Tarzania and cable wakeboarding station. Dabie lake is connected with Szczecin Bay, and through the Bay with the Baltic Sea. There are numerous marinas on Dąbie Lake. Half an hour drive from Szczecin there is Miedwie Lake with rich tourist infrastructure. Getting to beautiful and sandy beaches of the Baltic Sea takes two hours by train and an hour by hydrofoil or by car.
The maritime university
is the beginning of a great career in the maritime sector. Completing good maritime university
gives access to many interesting and well-paid professions. While, studies at the marine university
are extremely interesting and attractive. Many theoretical but also practical classes will allow to gain fundamental and valuable specialistic knowledge. Numerous sports sections and student initiatives will also allow for pleasant spending free time and getting a chance to meet many interesting people. The Maritime University
is a good step through which candidate can combine passions with future professional life.